COVID-19 Child Nutrition Programs Available for Families
Date(s) - 07/08/2020
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Categories No Categories
- FIND YOUR NEAREST PICK UP LOCATION
- This program will consist of 45 Community Feeding Distribution sites across New Orleans that ensure families can easily access breakfast and lunch during this prolonged school closure. The 45 sites consist of schools, NORD facilities and local business locations
- Child nutrition resources are available to those under 18 years of age* and those who currently attend a public school.
- Students over 18 that are enrolled in public K-12 schools, including students with disabilities through age 22, are also eligible for free meals at open sites.
- Students do not need to be present to receive meals. Parents or caregivers may pick up meals on behalf of the students within their household.
- Eligible families who are unable to access food resources this week should call United Way’s 211 information system which has the latest information about finding the Second Harvest food pantry nearest you. If you’re in Orleans Parish, dial 211 for assistance.